Re: macosx

On 5/10/2005, at 4:04 AM, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> I'm not understanding amaya9.2.2 on osx10.4.2
> ftp://ftp.w3.org/pub/amaya/amaya-macosx-9.2.2.dmg
>
> this installed fine, but fails to display even relatively simple
> pages that are held locally.
> each and every page appears white, including view source...
>
> when a page from the web is loaded such as http://www.eas-i.org or
> http://www.google.co.uk
> a dialogue similar to "Cannot load http://www.w3.org/ Interrupted"
> appears, and nothing is displayed.
>
> please can someone advise?

I had similar difficulty with earlier versions using X-11,
there were font path and permissions to be set.
Did you upgrade from a previous version of Amaya?
You may have a conflict with remaining preference files.

A clean install* of amaya9.2.1 on MacOS 10.4.2 just worked for me
and subsequent upgrade to amaya9.2.2 is also OK

* I trashed -everything- that had any reference to amaya
including the entire fink tree.

Peter Kerr                       Mail.app 2.0.3 (734)
Snr Technician
School of Music,  University of Auckland,  New Zealand