Re: [Moderator Action] Bug: Ctrl+X Ctrl+C doesn't quit

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 09:02 +0200, Irene Vatton wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 September 2005 19:30, Leon Stringer wrote:
> > Ctrl+X Ctrl+C to quit Amaya seems to have stopped working with 9.2.2.

> You're right.
> This occurs because we allowed the cut/copy/paste of URIs.
> So Ctrl X calls the Cut function.
> I suggest to change shortcuts to be compatible with GTK standards.
> What do you think?

I agree. Most things have Ctrl+Q for Quit. Firefox and Epiphany have
Ctrl+W to close tab (or window if no other tabs). Firefox has Ctrl+Shift
+W to close window. Obviously using 'W' would change the clipboard keys,
but Ctrl+C/V/X are so pervasive it makes sense to use these to me.