Re: Amaya Seems to loose MathML on save/re-open

Thanks, that works. Sorry, I am operating in novice mode having spent
very little time studying the tool or its documentation. Do I have to do
it every time I reload? I thought I had already set the doctype when I
created the file? Is it the file type that determines the assumed type
on loading? If so, what is the best extension to choose for XHTML with
math? Do I need to create a profile to automate this?

Anyway, I can make progress now.

Nick

Irene Vatton wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 August 2005 11:55, Nick Filer wrote:
>
>>I have several documents developed in Amaya using MathML (brilliant).
>>However, I am finding that when I save the document, shutdown Amaya and
>>then come back later to edit the document again the MathML disappears.
>>
>>On loading the source has the MathML but it does not get rendered (it is
>>OK in a browser - I use FireFox).
>>
>>When I save the re-loaded document (after e.g. adding a single space
>>character) the MathML disappears from the HTML source. My source
>>directory contains all the style files needed.
>>
>>I have attached a sample of before and after reloading.
>>
>>What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Nick
>

> Amaya reports the following error:
> The element <math> is not allowed by the current profile
>
> I suggest you change the document type (In File menu) to XHTML 1.0
> Transitional or XHTML 1.1.

Dr Nick Filer                      Room:      IT405
School of Computer Science         Telephone: +44-161-275-6171
University of Manchester           FAX:       +44-161-275-7275
Manchester M13 9PL                 Email:     nfiler@cs.man.ac.uk
UK
%