Re: Amaya over (remote) X terminals

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 09:17, Leon Stringer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone running Amaya successfully on a remote X
> session (e.g. on an X terminal)?
>
> The GTK version doesn't seem to start at all (fails
> with Gdk-ERROR **: Bad Value (integer parameter out of
> range for operation).

Are you able to execute other remote GTK applications?

> The WX version works but typing is very slow indeed -
> almost unusably slow.

I don't know if your X terminal provides a GL hardware support?
If it does, you could increase performances by using it.
We provide an experimental Debian GL hardware package, but
you can also compile your version from sources with appropriate options
(--with-wx --with-gl).