Re: regression testing

From: Laurent Carcone <laurent@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:09:38 +0100
To: "John Russell" <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

> There should be a menu selection to recover previous versions
> of Amaya.  I even tried to fake the address and several are there
> but not 8.7.2  rats ...
> It is sometimes important to be able to back out of a version upgrade
> to check things that previously worked but no longer do. Another
> reason for backing out is if there is a serious glitch with the latest
> and one needs to continue working while the development team
> does its work...  Two previous versions plus current may be the
> only ones needed but the more the better.

Hello John,

There is a link from the Distribution page (http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Distributio
n/) where you can recover the previous versions.
Concerning the 8.7.2 release for Windows (both XP and 98), we removed it
because it contained a very annoying bug and was hardly usable.

Regards,
Laurent Carcone