Amaya 8.7.3 clarification

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:38:44 -0500
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Some nice fixes and additions were included in the latest version.
I have one question though with the flagging of non unique id's

One of my files has an element with a name attribute  that is the
 same as an id attribute of a different element.
If this is an xhtml error then the message is wrong as it makes no
mention of duplicate id or name
If this is acceptable in xhtml  as the wdg validator approves the page
then amaya should be tweaked a bit.   The page is

i like this parsing help very much but just a bit more
clarification is necessary
john russell ve3ll@rac.ca [those are L's as in LLAMA]