Re: multiple windows/different views

Le Mardi 08 Mars 2005 18:09, David W. Gulley a écrit :
> Ok, I confess;
>    I haven't kept up with Amaya (been using 8.1 since sometime in '03).
>
> So now that I have updated to a new version (9.1), I can not seem to
> find a feature that I very much liked, namely having multiple windows
> open with different views of the document.
>
> In the 'old' help, there was a page "Working with Document Views" which
> stated, "Amaya can present different views of a document simultaneously.
> Each view is displayed in a different window so you can clearly see what
> is happening when you edit complex documents."
>
> Yes, I can get the split screen, but since I have a multi-monitor setup,
> I would like to be able to (for example) have separate windows for
> formatted and source view (and occasionally links and alternate).
>

> Am I just missing the configuration for using multiple windows?

Yes, the new UI allows one to only open 2 views of the same document at the
same time. You can change the second open view but only 2 views are
displayed.
We made this choice because several users were confuse when several windows
overlap.
A possible solution could be to enable 3 open views instead of 2.