Re: Fwd: Re: Mouse click not setting ins point in 8.7.2

From: Laurent Carcone <laurent@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:02:37 +0100
To: jlanus@netscape.net
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

> Wrote an example:

> <head>
>   <title>agenda 02mar2005 miƩrcoles</title>
> </head>

> BBBB BBBB BBBB BBBB BBBB    </p>
>
> 1- click near the "X" and enter a space
> 2- click near "Y" and enter several spaces, then "aaa"
>
> The spaces roll over the B's, the a's appear after the end of the line.
>
> JL

Hello Juan,

I experienced a similar problem with amaya 8.7.2 on win xp when i used the
backspace key in the source view. I uninstalled then reinstalled it and it
seems to work better. But the error you mentionned is easily repeatable with
your example and we suspect that the end of the insertion is not detected in
some cases. It's very annoying so maybe we'll make a new version with the
patch.
Meanwhile, I have noticed that if you scroll the document (even slightly)
before to click, the insertion point is set.

Thanks,

Laurent Carcone