Re: amaya 8.7.1 displaying menus

Le Lundi 14 Février 2005 01:06, John Russell a écrit :
> http://mozilla.org/projects/xforms/
> uses several stylesheets and displays well in all browsers except Amaya
>
> the sidebar menu is a unordered list ....
> the items in the list are links
> when viewed with amaya the style applied to each list item is inline
> but the style applied to the nested link is block !!!
> it seems that this is what is spoiling the look of the menu as the list
> is being displayed horizontally instead of vertically ....
> template(1).css  seems to be where the rules are being generated for
> this level ....
> does this bug still exist or has it been repaired and i am unable to
> see that as i must use the snapshot  and not the cvs
> --
> john russell ve3ll@rac.ca [those are L's as in LLAMA]
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~cipher

The CSS provided by Mozilla are very bad examples. I suppose they wrote them
as a torture test because they could obtain the same result with a less
complex set of rules.

Amaya made progress in the support of the Visual formatting model,
but it doesn't provide the same result when resolving a conflict between CSS
rules like in this example: a inline-level element (should fit its content's
size) includes a block-level element (should take the parent size).
The inline is not necessary except for generating the conflict.