Re: cut and past, and file panel problems

From: Stephane Gully <stephane.gully@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:54:51 +0100
To: "David N. Wilson" <dnwilson@bigpond.com>
CC: www-amaya@w3.org

>I use KDE (3.2.1) on Linux Suse 9.1. Most of the several previous versions of
>Amaya that I have used have never been able to paste text cut from KDE
>applications such as  browsers (Konqueror) or from kwrite. I have had to use
>OpenOffice as an intermediate step and drag and drop the text into Amaya.
>However with version 9 even this does not work.
>
>With version 9 I have not been able to past any plain text (or any other
>object) from ANY other applications into Amaya. (Cut from Amaya to paste in
>other KDE applications does work).

Amaya has known problems with Copy/Paste on linux debian (woody) with
very old GTK2 version : 2.0.2
Maybe you have a old GTK2 version installed ?
Could you join the output of :
pkg-config --modversion 'gtk+-2.0'
?

>The second problem is with the File->Open->browse interface. When I navigate
>through the directories and files the selected directory of files
>'disappears' (leaves a blank space). That is it seems to be rendered white on
>white. I have changed the color selection setting but it does not seem to
>apply to file management panels.

I dont understand well the problem, maybe it's a problem with your gtk
theme ? (FileBrowser is the generic GTK one)

>With the File->New dialog, if do not select the default
>suggestion /usr/share/Amaya/amaya/New.html and select the browse option I can
>select the directory but there is no place to enter the file name and even
>assuming and it does not assume New.html. I have not found how to open a new
>document except as /usr/share/Amaya/amaya/New.html and then save as XXX in an
>other directory.

This bug is fixed now.

Thanks for the report.

--