From: "John Russell" <ve3ll@rac.ca>
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 3:16 PM
Subject: amaya 8.7.1 and entities

I started with a new xhtml 1.1 doc and created a paragraph
i then proceded to insert text into the paragraph. The string was
What is &Delta;
It was translated as What is &amp;&Delta;

this was the same problem that occurred in value attribute!
It seems that the editor is too quick to make the assumption
that & will get translated as &amp; ....  there needs to be
some smarts applied prior to the translation ... for example
if it is a correctly formed entity (ie terminates in ; and no spacing)
then it is --  don't check whether it is a defined one --- that is
  too much checking ....    but &freddy;   should not get translated
 and &freddy   should get translated....
a little more smarts in parsing is needed to fix this annoying bug

--
john russell ve3ll@rac.ca [those are L's as in LLAMA]
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll