Re: BUG: NBSP character not displayed in text editors

From: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:24:13 +0200
To: "Thomas Jedenfelt" <thomas_jedenfelt_1@operamail.com>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

Le Jeudi 30 Juin 2005 11:50, Thomas Jedenfelt a écrit :
> Amaya 8.7.4 for PC Windows Xp.
>
> The character NBSP (non-breaking space, #160) is not displayed when viewing
> the Web page's source code in EditPad, MS Note/WordPad and Firefox 1.04
> (#32).

NBSP is a non-breaking space and is normally displayed as a space. Only the
formatting algorithm should interpert it differently.
Amaya displays it as a space in the formatted view and shows a colored tilde
in the source view only to help the user to localize it.

> The NBSP character is generated (in Amaya) by Ctrl + Space key, and is
> indicated in Amaya View Source as a Tilde(-like?) character.
>
> When editing a Web page (created in Amaya) with a text editor, the NBSP is
> saved as a normal space.

The text editor should keep it as a non-breaking space even if it displays it
as a simple space. I suspect the text editor doesn't do any complex
formatting.

--
     Irène.
-----