Re: Copy/paste in Linux/wxWidgets

From: J. Magalh„es Cruz <jmcruz@fe.up.pt>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:10:00 +0100
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Dizia Cay Horstmann em Domingo, 19 de Junho de 2005 23:56:
> Unfortunately, copy/paste is very inconsistent in the Linux/wxWidgets
> version. Example: Copying a URL from Mozilla to Amaya.
>
> I get wildly inconsistent behavior between
> - copying with the middle mouse button
> † †= into the editor
> † †= into a GTK dialog (e.g. when specifying an <a href="...">)
> - copying with the keyboard
(...)
> I wonder whether Amaya can do this more smoothly in the future.
(...)

I second this request of Cay!
The advantage of X/Linux users over Windows users on summing to the (not so)
"traditional" (Ctrl-C; CTRL-V) way of copying text, the X traditional way
(select; middlemouse button), is being jeopardized in too many Linux apps.
Pity ... :-(
Josť

--
J. Magalh„es Cruz	--- jmcruz@fe.up.pt ---

... free, as in freedom... (Richard Stallman)
... private, as in personal... (jmcruz)
... respect, to all animals... (jmcruz)