Re: lots of bugs in Amaya

From: Vincent Quint <Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:45:26 +0200
To: Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang@jeltsch.net>
Cc: Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org

11. CURSOR VANISHING INTO AIR

Fixed.

12. UNABILITY TO ENTER CERTAIN IDENTIFIERS AS MI ELEMENTS

Deferred.
Note that "max" is listed as an operator in the MathML specification:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-MathML2-20031021/appendixf.html

Vincent.

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:13:25 +0200 Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang@jeltsch.net> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I just discovered that I forgot a really important bug report.  While working
> out an example illustrating the bug, I discovered another bug. So here are
> two more bug reports.
>

> 11. CURSOR VANISHING INTO AIR
>
> Open a new MathML document, place the cursor inside the empty formula and
> enter the following key sequence:
>
>     C-m C-e e m p t y RETURN = m a x C-m C-a A
>
> You will discover that you are not able to complete since the cursor
> disappears after the C-m C-a.
>

> 12. UNABILITY TO ENTER CERTAIN IDENTIFIERS AS MI ELEMENTS
>
> Now do the same as under 10.  Then click at the end of the formula and enter
> C-m C-a A.  If you look at the structure view, you can see that &empty; and
> max are both declared as being operators which is wrong since they are both
> identifiers.  The worst thing is that I don't see any way to tell Amaya that
> it shall use mi.  For example, if I press
>
>     C-m C-d m a x CURSOR-LEFT,
>
> the newly entered max is again inside an mo instead of an mi.
>

> Best wishes,
> Wolfgang

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France