Re: Keyboard shortcuts in Amaya menus

Le Mardi 10 Mai 2005 14:14, Shriramana Sharma a écrit :
> Request for enhancement:
>
> I request that the keyboard shortcuts (aka hotkeys or accelerators) in
> Amaya be neatly aligned on the right side of Amaya's menus. All other
> good applications do this. I would like Amaya to do this as well. As it
> is, the shortcuts are not at all neatly aligned, and it's not easy on
> the eyes.

It could work if Amaya doesn't use shortcut sequences (like Ctrl h Ctrl p to
create a preformatted). The toolkit is not able to display these kind of long
shortcuts in menus, so they are displayed as part of menu entries.
We have 3 possible solutions:
 - keep the current status waiting for a possible solution with the toolkit,
 - never use shortcut sequences and then limit the number of functions
   the user can access,
 - display the first part of the shortcut (Ctrl h) into the entry and the
   second part (Ctrl p) aligned as a classical shortcut.
What do you think?