Re: SVG rendered in pixels no matter the specified units

Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:
>SVG transformations are only supported by 9.x versions.
>You can test, it works with 9.1.
Pity (damage). I think few users are on Amaya 9 due to the fact that it's still unstable.
Me myself, I tried and unistalled 9.0 and later 9.1 because I was unable to do things with it, and because it ate so many resources in my not-so-powerful PC.

In the meantime I tried Amaya, Visio and StarOffice to diagram a finite automata for the design of a web site's interaction. My preferred solution was Amaya, the tool I use to write documents.

I discarded Amaya because I didn't find an easy way to put text into a shape, text *into* the shape that moves and reflows when the shape moves and resizes.
An "easy" way means something like to control-click or alt-click or ctrol-alt-enter into the shape and start writing.
I was unable to do it except by editing the source view or grouping. Every new release I test it ...   :-(
Another must-have is a means to easily connect two shapes so that they remain connected when I move them around. StarOffice has "lines" and "connectors". To draw diagrams connectors are much more useful than lines.
Saludos!
--
Juan Lanus
TECNOSOL