Re: sometimes <pre> does not break lines in W2K: the revegne

Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton <at> inrialpes.fr> writes:

> Le Vendredi 18 Mars 2005 01:11, Juan Lanus a écrit :
> > Irene:
> > I got it. Try pasting (8.7.3 in W2K) the following:
> > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
> > bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
> >
> > dddddddddddddddddd
> > eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
> >
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > ffffffffffffffffff
> > in a <pre> block into a new document.
> > All the f's will go in a row.
> > It's because they are after an empty line.
> > Note that the line between the b's and the c's contains 4 spaces, it's not
> > empty. So it doen't provoke the defect.
> > When I try to insert a newline among the f's it's rendered as a narrow
> > space. Saludos!
> > --
> > Juan Lanus
> > TECNOSOL
> > Argentina
>
> This bug is now fixed in the CVS version.
> Thanks for the report.
>      Irène.

Irène:
There is another defect that might be related to this (so it might be
already corrected in the CVS).
To provoke it in W2K select some characters including the end of a line
in a <PRE> block and change their background color.
The line changed last and all following lines join, and undo (^Z) does
not fix it.
--
Juan Lanus
TECNOSOL