Accessibility - amaya y Jaws (fwd)

Rough translation:

Running Amaya 8.6 under windows JAWS (the most common, expensive
screenreader) cannot follow the cursor. A quick way to get this might be to
make the cursor flash. Another possibliity qwould be to use a style to give a
distinct colour to the element highlighted, so it could be read out.

Does Amaya implement :focus? This would allow a user style sheet to do some
of this. (I believe CSS has a property for the cursor, too). Actually it
would be nice if the show targets were implemented by a :before rule, too.
Presumably the code is in there somewhere already to do that job -
annotations and show targets both use it - but I guess it isn't exposed to
the CSS stuff at the moment.

If I recall correctly, CSS only allows focus on elements that can take input.
In an editing situation any element can take input, but I think it doesn't
read like that in the spec.  It might be worth clarifying how this is meant
to work with the CSS group.

There is a fair amount of value in having an HTML editor that is not a source
code editor available for people with vision impairment. The two big steps
are making it work with assistive technologies - JAWS, Window Eyes and so on
are proprietary products, and I think the trick is to write scripts using
their proprietary features :-( but Gnopernicus in the Unix environment is an
open source system allegedly working on standard Operating System APIs for
accessibility.

cheers

Chaals