Re: publishing with amaya

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:34:43 -0400 (EDT)
charles@w3.org wrote:

> >> Sorry. where was it announced that the current release version which is
> >> advertisde as 86 is not in fact a stable release?
> >
> > That was announced only some days *after* it was released. So, if you
> > saw the Amaya downloading page before that announcement, it's natural
> > that you thought that it was just another version.
>
> Ah. I see from the page that it is indeed listed as you describe. I
> downloaded it more or less when it became available, and didn't recall it
> being announced as different from a stable release.
>
> Thanks, and sorry for any confusion
>
> Chaals

The announce message was "[Announcement] Amaya 8.6 Snapshot" and
it's listed as a Snapshot everywhere.
For me it was clear that it could not be considered as a stable version.
Perhaps the confusion is due to its name 8.6.

We plan also to make a pre-release 2 weeks before the 8.7 release.
Do we have to call it 8.6+ or 8.7.pre or what else?