Re: paranthesis

Hi,

I also initially thought that this was a limitation. Now  I know better.
At this place MathML improves on LaTeX (if you think of <mrow> as being
equivalent to "{").
<mo>(</mo> is by default (please see Operator dictionary in MathML
Appendix) a growing fence
and it grows to the size of its parent which in this case is "<mrow>".
There are in fact attributes (stretchy="true|false" fence="true|false")
which indicates if it is growing fence or not.
The operator dictionary defines the default values for these attributes.

Regards

S.K.Venkatesan
TnQ Books & Journals, Chennai