Re: still blank

Hi Laurent, thanks very much for the reply. :)

On 26/08/2004, at 12:28 AM, Laurent Carcone wrote:

> The dynamic libraries used by our version of Amaya are the following
> (otool -L
> amaya):

<Clytie gets out her magnifying glass>

>         /sw/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib (compatibility version 63.0.0, current
> version 63.0.0)

This file says it is an alias, with the original libjpeg.62.0.0.dylib.
Does that mean it's version 62.0.0? It doesn't quote a version number
anywhere else. It also says it's a Mozilla Shared library. Does Mozilla
play nicely with the other children in the sandpit?  :)

>         /sw/lib/libpng.3.dylib (compatibility version 3.0.0, current
> version
> 3.0.0)

alias for libpng.3.1.2.6rc5.dylib

>         /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version
> 1.0.0)

I do not have this library. :(

>         /sw/lib/libgtk-1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0,
> current
> version 10.1.0)

alias to libgtk-1.2.0.9.1.dylib, no other version quoted

>         /sw/lib/libgdk-1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0,
> current
> version 10.1.0)

alias to libgdk-1.2.0.9.1.dylib

>         /sw/lib/libgmodule-1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
> current
> version 1.10.0)

alias to libgmodule-1.2.0.0.10.dylib

>         /sw/lib/libglib-1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
> current
> version 1.10.0)

alias to libglib-1.2.0.0.10.dylib

>         /sw/lib/libintl.1.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current
> version
> 2.1.0)

alias to libintl.10.1.dylib

>         /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.4.0,
> current
> version 6.4.0)

my usr directory has no X11 sub-directory. X11 is installed in the
Applications folder (bin?), and where it has put its bits and pieces, I
have no idea.

>         /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.2.0,
> current
> version 6.2.0)

ditto  :(

>         /sw/lib/libgdk_imlib.1.dylib (compatibility version 11.0.0,
> current
> version 11.14.0)

alias to libgdk_imlib.1.9.14.dylib

>         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
> current
> version 71.1.1)

my user directory has a sub-directory called Library, but that contains
sub-directories of its own, not single files.

> What are the ones used by your version ?

As above. I hope that's useful. I have no idea where to update these
libraries, or why I don't have a usr dir, but a Users/clytie directory
instead. That's in the OSX default GUI: in Amaya, I can see a usr dir
and an .amaya dir and an X11r86 dir.

I'm scared to use Fink, because last time it downloaded XDarwin without
being asked and messed up my X11 install (so I had to install it again,
very recently).

> Otherwise, whatever the document you open in Amaya, nothing is
> displayed in
> the main view, right ? Do the other views (structure, source,
> alternate ...)
> display something or are they completely blank too ?

Preference panes display fine.

An opened (already written) html document is blank.

Its source is blank.

Structure shows this (and interestingly, shows one line highlighted in
Source, but nothing there):

html
head
meta meta-http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/html; charset=UTF-8
title

Then I can't deselect the text, and the window won't close. :(

At that stage I couldn't select anything: Amaya appeared to have
frozen. :(

> When you create a new document then type in it, does the text is
> 'normally'
> displayed or not ?

No, it's extremely small, but it is black and visible. :)

I hope some of this is useful.

Thanks for offering to help.

from Clytie

Clytie Siddall -- Renmark, South Australia