Re: bug with adding languages

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Irene Vatton wrote:

>Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> in 8.6 (unix release version, Mac build) if I add a lang attribute to
>> an element by entering the text instead of scrolling down to the language I
>> want the value isn't added - I get
>
>We'll fix this bug as soon as possible.

Great.  This has been an issue for a while :-(

>> Since there is a long list to pick from (because there are a lot of
>> languages) it is generally easier to type the code I want than to look for
>> the language in question.
>>
>> There seems to be some other od behaviour in how it keeps track of language -
>> for example if I change the language of an element then try to apply a lang
>> attribute to it the dialogue sometimes claims that it still has the old
>> value.
>
>This behaviour applies to all attributes. It allows you to get the current attribute
>value of an element and to apply it to a set of other elements.

No, it isn't the normal (useful) behaviour. If I set the language of an
element to english, and then change it to french, then close the dialogue,
select the element again and try to set it's language, it tells me that the
language is english.

cheers

Chaals