Re: Black Text on black Background

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:08:56 +0100
"Tobias Besch" <tobias.besch@gmx.de> wrote:

> OS:    Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
> Amaya: The "normal" version (not the OpenGL version)
>
> Graphics card: ATI Radeon 7000
> Monitor:       NEC AccuSync LCD 71VM
> Resolution:    1280x1024
> Color depth:   16 bit
>
> BTW: I recently changed my monitor.
> Before this I was using a CRT at a resolution of 1024x768.
> It seems like Amaya worked on my old monitor but does not on the new
> one.
> Could that be? (Sounds strange to me.)

It could be a problem with images, because Amaya has to manage directly
the image rendering, but not for the text (the text is managed thru standard
Win32 primitives).
We had and solved a problem with screens which are declared 16 bit depth but
actually are 15 bit depth.

Could you try to configure differently your display (in 24 or 32 bits)?