Re: Corrupt characters

Lars,

I guess the problem of displaying "!" or "#" instead of "(" and ")"
is a font issue. For these large characters, Amaya uses the Stix fonts,
and they may be missing in your system. I suppose Irene will have a look
at this issue.

Regarding the size of these characters, the problem is the structure
of your expression. If you replace

    <mo>(</mo>
    <mo>=</mo>
    <mi>CM</mi>
    <mo>)</mo>

by

    <mrow>
      <mo>(</mo>
      <mo>=</mo>
      <mi>CM</mi>
      <mo>)</mo>
    </mrow>

you get the size you expect. For more details, look at the MathML 2.0
specification, namely sections 3.2.5.8.2 and 7.1.2.

In Amaya, to generate the appropriate structure, use the parentheses
button from the Math palette or type Ctrl+m Ctrl+p, for entering the
parentheses around "=CM".

Vincent.