Amaya 8.4-1 graphic library error, etc

From: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:33:41 +1200
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Greetings,
     Having just 'uninstalled' my previous version of Amaya, I have just
installed the amaya-gtk-8.4-1.i386.rpm version on my SuSE 8.2 laptop - with
latest gtk+ libraries added.

     I attempted to load the W3C home page and was greeted with the
following error message on the screen (ie not in window).

GIF-LIB Wrong record type detected.

     Over to you!

                         Keith Hopper

PS I still have to cheat 'round' our local web cache - which I still cannot
set up to display a cache authentication window - ALTHOUGH the
authentication dialogue for a W3C member only page produces one
satisfactorily!

--
City Desk
Waikato University