SVG doubts and questions

From: Bartolomé Sintes Marco <BartolomeSintes@ono.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 23:49:42 +0100
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>

Hi,

I want to create and insert SVG images in XHTML documents.

1. It is easy to insert <svg> elements in a XHTML document in Amaya (using
the
SVG palette), but document does not validate (no doctype) and it can  not be
seen in Mozilla or Internet Explorer. Which doctype should be used in order
have a valid xhtml document?

2. Then I create a .svg file using Amaya and I try to insert this file in a
XHTML
document.

2.a. I have tried to use the <object> and the <iframe> tag, but it seems
that it a svg
file is not allowed in these tags. ¿Is it true?

2.b. W3C Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Test Suite pages uses the <embed>
tag
and the http://www.w3.org/Graphics/xhtml1-transitional-plus-embed.dtd dtd,
but
this dtd is not allowed in Amaya. If I edit the source code and I add the
doctype and
the embed tags, I can see the document in Amaya, Mozilla and Internet
Explorer. But
when I edit the document in formatted view, the doctype is lost and the
document does
not validate. Can this dtd be added to Amaya?

Is there a solution to this problem?

Best regards,
Bartolomé Sintes