8.2 UI bug in WinXP - accelerator keys for menus

From: Dr Geoffrey Kantaris <egk10@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:33:27 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>

With the 8.2 release (Nov 13) on WinXP, pressing Alt- accelerator keys for
menus when in editor mode (e.g., Alt-f to open the File menu, Alt-t to open
XHTML menu, etc.) causes the menu to open, BUT it also causes the pressed
letter (f, t, etc) to be inserted into the document being edited. This is a
pretty major bug for anyone who might have accessibility problems using a
mouse, or just for anyone used to opening menus using Alt- key combinations.
I kept wondering why I was getting stray "f"s and "v"s in my documents, even
when editing source code, until I realized it was a bug.