more on background patterns

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:30:45 -0500 (EST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org

I just noticed that setting the background value to none does remove the url.
Although other browsers do this implicitly, they are probably incorrect as
a 'transparent' pattern should be able to have its underneath color changed
without turning off the pattern (amaya's no transparency is another issue).

I will alter my cascaded style to explicitely set background to none to shut
off the pattern ....  sorry  that is not really a bug

but pleeeeese  fix the bold monoface spacing for the space char !!! --
john russell ve3ll@rac.ca [those are L's as in LLAMA]
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll
http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cipher