Re: How to add some font in amaya

Personally I would go with an interface similar to Opera which
lets you first select the element and then choose a dialog box
which has several characteristics to select like family, size, color.
If the element list was arranged with the most likely to be altered
at the top, it would be more efficient....
and of course the storage file could/should be a css stylesheet
setting the font characteristics only. This would allow hand tuning!
The selector should access the installed font directory on the
particular o/s  so that all registered font families can be used.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:31:31 -0400 (EDT)
Nazir s <su_atoy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> hi,
> i want to add some font to amaya, i use amaya 1.8b and there is no
> intresting font that i found.  so what should i do to insert some
> type of font?

We have a fonts configuration file for GTK and GL versions.
See:
 * Amaya/config/fonts.gl for the GL version on Unix platforms
 * Amaya/config/fonts.unix for the GTK version on Unix platforms
 * Amaya/config/fonts.win for the GL version on Windows platforms

Unfortunately we didn't find time yet to develop the user interface
that provides menus to update the fonts configuration file. Today,
you
have to copy the current used fonts configuration file in your
AmayaHome directory (see info about Configuring Amaya) and to update
it by hand.

The development of the Amaya user interface is in progress and we are
open to good suggestions about fonts management.
john russell ve3ll@rac.ca [those are L's as in LLAMA]
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll
http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cipher