Re: iframe

From: Vincent Quint <Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:33:23 +0200
To: JHL_GmbH@t-online.de (Jochem Heicke)
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

Jochem Heicke wrote:

> The document validates with an iframe tag but I have to put it in with
> an texteditor.

Menu XHTML provides an entry to create an iframe element:
"Inline frame (iframe)", but this entry may be disabled if you are
editing a HTML 4 strict document (check the field "Document Type"
in the dialog box diplayed by File/Document_information) or a XHTML 1.1
document. Element iframe is not allowed in these document types.

> Opening a document including an iframe will loose the contents of that
> tag when saving.

Could you send a sample document? It does not happen here.

> Simply annoying.
> Is it generally possible to comment things out instead of throwing them
> away without notice.

When a XHTML 1.0 Strict or XHTML 1.1 document contains a iframe element,
Amaya discard this element, but it keeps its content and displays a
message. The log file provides detailed information (Views/Show parsing errors)

Vincent.