RE: Amaya bug: charset information stripped out

Hello Richard, Irene,

I think it is okay to leave out the xml declaration if the
file is UTF-8 (as I think we have done for some time (but
not currently) on the W3C homepage) is okay.
The same applies for UTF-16 (with a proper BOM).

However, I think it is a bad idea to not use an XML declaration
for files in other encodings. As I think you are working mostly
in UTF-8, I hope this should be okay.

Regards,    Martin.