Gdk-ERROR

From: Serge Torres <Serge.Torres@ens-lyon.fr>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:41:03 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Hi,

For some time (may be since 8 versions?) I had noticed that I could not
run Amaya (GTK) remotely (i.e. running on one machine and displaying on
another): I would get GTK errors such as:
Gdk-ERROR **: 86

I have just noticed lately another glitch. I can run Amaya only if
it's intallation directory is in a local file system. If I install it in,
say, my NFS mounted home directory I get the following error message :
Gdk-ERROR **: 86

Mounting through CIFS leads to the same result.

I can't figure out what goes wrong. Other GTK (remotely executed or
installed on remote file systems) application just run fine.

I'm using Linux, in a vanilla Debian Woody distribution and Gnome 1.4.

Cheers,

Serge Torres