(unknown charset) i18n issue

From: (unknown charset) Joerg F. Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@softeyes.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:01:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: (unknown charset) www-amaya@w3.org

Hello,

I just noticed that amaya respects the LANG (or LC_ALL? didn't check
that) when creating the http date header.  At least the askemos server
rejects such a request.  However I'm not sure whether localized
headers are conforming to w3 standard.  I believe the string should be in
rfc 822 format, i.e., english.  Please drop me a note if you can point
me towards any definition what the server should do instead of
terminating the connection.  thanks a lot

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.