Re: (collaborative) XML support?

From: Irene Vatton <irene.vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:05:12 +0100
To: "Klaus Mayr" <klaus.mayr@4soft.de>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:00:38 +0100
"Klaus Mayr" <klaus.mayr@4soft.de> wrote:

> Hello *
>
> I found Amaya .. and, on the first sight, I found it really great.
>
> Instead of editing HTML however, we would like editing XML
> (that needs to be transformed into HTML) ideally the transformation
> result should be displayed in a WYSIWIG manner.
>
> => is that possible?

Amaya can help you to edit XML in a WYSIWIG manner. We hope to
make significant progress in that direction in the next release.
The transformation XML to (X)HTML can be done by a XSLT processor.
But Amaya doesn't provide a specific XSLT processor. You have to
call that processor by yourself.

> Furthermore, we are interested in collaboratively working on such an
> XML document. Ideally, the changes should be version controlled.
> (whenever committed - checked in, if no conflicts occur)
>
> => do you support this feature?

At W3C we use CVS to store the history of our Web pages.
Amaya + Jigsaw + CVS allow us to manage versions.
We should use WebDAV to have a real collaborative environment.
There is an implementation of WebDAV in Jigsaw and Amaya, but we
never tested them together.

> Alas, no modest requirements, I know. But probably there is a good
> potential to contribute, if you could help us, and if it's not too much
> work.
>
>  Klaus

     Irene.
-----