Re: Bug Report - Presentation of text overlaps in Amaya with negative margin-top value

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 02:31:28 -0500 (EST)
"David Hunt" <dhunt@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Dear Development Team;
>
> I have just installed the current release, V7.2 and observe that the above
> proiblem still exists, so I thought it was worthwhile to let you know.
>
> Platform: WinXP SP1
> Amaya Version 7.2a
>
> The easiest way to describe the problem is to show you using an example
> page...  Just start Amaya and open
>   http://www.datsamore.com/tamenu.html
>
> You will see that the description of the pizza overlaps almost completely
> the name of the pizza which is a separate paragraph.  The page uses Styles
> referenced by Class and looks ok in IE or Netscape.
>
> The "p.itemdesc" style has a "margin-top: -1.5em".  There is no problem with
> positive values in the margin.

You define the margin-top of "p.itemdesc" but not the margin-bottom of "p.menuitem".
Amaya has a different default margin bottom for paragraphs and that explains the
problem.
If you add the margin-bottom: 1em for "p.menuitem" you will have the save result
in Amaya.