Re: Proposal "red-line" for Amaya

Kade.Hansson@dpiwe.tas.gov.au wrote:
> Veith wrote:
>

>>I propose a "red-line" which can be positioned free and independant from
>
> the
>
>>displayed content in a browser-window (in this case for Amaya).
>

>>With this simple tool I could "underline" long lines, tables, ...
>>This would help me a lot in browsing and editing Web-documents.
>

> Is what you are proposing an accessibility feature, analogous to the use a
> ruler or bookmark to keep track of the current line of text that the eye
> is scanning on a printed page? Or have I misunderstood and are you
> proposing an editing feature?
>
> In the case of an accessibility feature, I presume the line would be
> dragged by the mouse and stay in its last set position. The line therefore
> would need some kind of "handle" one could click on to reposition it.

Not only a "red" line, but you can add as many as you need: each new one
comes up in a different color, underlines the whole line across, and
they are numbered sequentially; you'd probably have only 3 or 4 at any
given time...drag one off the page, and it disappears.  The others
renumber automatically.  This is something that appears in "edit" mode,
and you can see them in all the other views.

I have wanted something like this for a long time; it sounds like a
great idea!  There is a red arrow that appears in the source when you
click somewhere on the page you're editing; that is sort of the idea,
but it can go a lot farther (but I sure am grateful for that arrow!
How useful! :-)

--Mark VII
pampaluz@cox.net

--