New to the list

From: Mark Seven Smith <pampaluz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:55:59 -0800
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Hello!

I just joined, and I just downloaded and installed Amaya.  I'm studying
Tim Berners-Lee's stuff about the semantic web (something I am
interested in and so figured that I should d/l and learn about Amaya
while I am at it, since he talks of it in his book "Weaving the Web").
And so I was wondering where I might go to learn: how people are
actually using Amaya; how it compares to other web-authoring programs (I
suspect it would make a really useful replacement for a word-processor
program, just playing around with it; since I write a lot and don't need
stuff formatted exactly as if I were going to publish it in physical
print, and want to rather create many things for the WWW.)  Also I want
to know where to get caught up on the doings of this mailing list, so
that I do not waste your time with any more stupid questions!  :-)

Thanks in advance,

--Mark Seven Smith
pampaluz@cox.net