Re: Amaya 7.2 Bug Report: Color names

From: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:46:37 +1300
To: www-amaya@w3.org

In article <20030211170958.C1F943DFD@lihue.inrialpes.fr>,
   Vincent Quint <Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr> wrote:

> > Bug 2 (not so sure)
> >
> > Amaya displays "grey" color like "gray" and "lightgray" color like "lightgrey"
> > but the correct names are only "gray" and "lightgrey", aren't they?

> They are.

> > "grey" and "lightgray" values are shown by Amaya and Mozilla, but are not shown
> > by Internet Explorer.

> These colors are accepted by Amaya. Not sure they should be removed...

     The colour names 'grey and 'lightgrey' are standard English spelling -
however US spelling differs, writing 'gray' for 'grey'.  In order to cater
for both forms of English, both spellings are accepted (as I would say
'unfortunately' - but then, being English, I'm biased!).

--
City Desk
Waikato University