what amaya is and is not for a nubie

From: Don Spark <don@modernv.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:11:15 -0800
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>

Hi,

Thanks to all the excellent human beings working on Amaya!

Can someone explain to me what amaya is and is not.
I am looking for a good stylesheets editor
and as a browser, amaya does not accurately display
w3c pages like
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
I would like my pages to look like the old page that seems
to have been there until yesterday.
Can amaya create these pages which it cannot display or
am I missing something?  I have read the amaya manual
and am half way through the Hakon Wium Lie/Bert Bos book
but am unclear about amaya.  Is there a good amaya user webpage?

Which stylesheet editor does the w3c use?

Don