Re: saving XHTML 1.0 Strict as HTML 4.01 Strict

From: Laurent Carcone <Laurent.Carcone@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:41:29 +0100
To: Brant Langer Gurganus <brantgurganus2001@cherokeescouting.org>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

> I saved an XHTML 1.0 Strict document as HTML 4.01 Strict and Amaya kept
> the xmlns attribute on the html element.
> --
> Brant Langer Gurganus
> http://www.cherokeescouting.org/OtherUnits/Troop545IIN/brant.xhtml

Hello Brant,

We recently changed the way Amaya handles namespace declarations/prefixes.
They are now generated where they have been defined in the source document
(the xmlns attribute was generated for the root element without taking
into account the existing prefixes).
But this attribute is not removed when Amaya Save an XHTML document
as an HTML one and it is not generated when Amaya Save an HTML document as
an XHTML one.
I am fixing those bugs.

Thanks

Laurent Carcone