Re: Amaya 7.1 on WinXP will no longer start

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:37:40 -0500
George Herson <GHerson@ahahome.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Problem solved:
> I had to add the DOCTYPE
> to the top of the file set as my Home Page for Amaya to run.

With that doctype, Amaya uses its HTML parser instead of the XML expat
parser and is more tolerant.

> Though this file opened fine in the past, I thought the home page setting
> might be the problem, but I couldn't find where to change that setting in
> WindowsXP manually, outside the program.
The file that defines settings is

AMAYA-INSTALL-DIR\users\username\thotrc on Win 98
 C:\winnt\profiles\username\Amaya\thotrc  on Win NT
C:\Program Files\Amaya\config on Win 2000

> In any case, I think crashing because of a missing doctype can be looked
> into.

You're right, even if the page cannot be displayed due to an error in the parsing
it should not crash.