Re: accesskey, 7.1, win98.

The User Agent Guidelines do cover this as far as I can tell:
http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#tech-info-current-ua-config
says

  Provide information to the user about current user preferences for input
  configurations.

As far as I can tell this should cover what keys can be used to navigate
around a document.

One approach to doing this would be to implement the CSS
pseduo-elements :before and :after, the property content,
and attr() then a user style sheet rule like

 *[accesskey]:before { content: "<" attr(accesskey) ">" }

would provide a functionality like iCab has for identifying the accesskeys.

There is a similar functionality somewhere in Amaya already, which is used to
put in markers for things like targets and annotations. Adapting / repeating
this would be another possiblity. For accessibility purposes, copying the
annotation mechanism to give access to longdescs would be a way to provide
access to longdesc - another accessibility feature that would be good for
Amaya.

just my thoughts...

Chaals