Re: charset

Juza Vaclav wrote:

> I make a new document, type symbols like ř,š, etc.
> When I save it for example in us-ascii, these symbols are replaced
> with #xNNN, where NNN should be unicode value of these (ř,š,...).
> But Amaya places its value in system charset (win1250) instead, so
> that some other symbol is displayed in all other browsers.

Yes, there're obviously several problems related to proper encoding.
Maybe they're easier to reproduce by using the € character for people
working on Western computer systems.

Amaya - I'm using in 7.1 with Windows XP - will output a character
reference € with US-ASCII, and a "raw" € character with ISO-8859-1.
In the both cases, its behaviour is wrong. It should use €,
€ or € instead.

--
<http://schneegans.de/>