Amaya GTK 7.1 Linux woes

From: Andrew S. Townley <atownley@eircom.net>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 13:31:47 +0000
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi.  I checked the archive about this, but I'm getting the same errors
as others mentioned on this list:

$ amaya
Gdk-ERROR **: 86

I tried building it myself (the linking order is a little messed up,
required adding -lpng -ljpeg and -lz at the *end* of the LIBS entry) as
well as downloading the RPM.

I haven't looked at amaya for a long time, and was hoping to try out the
GTK version.  One of the things I didn't really care for before was the
old UI.  Any comments/suggestions before I rebuild the whole thing and
start debugging it?

I'm running  RedHat 8 with gtk 1.2.10 and have never had amaya installed
on this machine before.

Thanks in advance.

ast
--