Re: possible bug, Win API?

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:02:45 -0500 (EST)
"Ron Gainey" <rongainey@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Windows 2000, as of a couple of days ago Amaya 6.4 was running
> fine.  Then I suddenly began receiving a messagebox:
>
> (source: WIN_TtaSetToggleMenu(1) Error 1401 : ERROR_INVALID_MENU_HANDLE)
>
> This appears every time I move the cursor up or down between lines, either
> by clicking or using the mouse.  The messagebox always appears twice. After
> dismissing both occurences, I can continue to edit.  The application appears
> otherwise to work fine, although I haven't done much additional work, as
> this behavior makes the app pretty unusable.
>
> The "suddenly" broken (but now completely consistent) behavior is extremely
> puzzling.  I've checked the Amaya directory tree to see if there was some
> sort of corrupt config file (registry too, just in case, I kind of assume
> Amaya doesn't use the registry, for platform independence).
>
> I uninstalled 6.4 and installed 7.1 and am experiencing the same behavior.
> While I personally haven't made any changes to my system, I am on a
> corporate desktop that is managed by another group, so I do not know for
> sure that they haven't installed a service pack or hotfix recently, I am
> trying to determine this.
>
> Any thoughts?

I cannot reproduce your bug on my Windows box but I'm not sure I made the
same test. Could you give us more information about the context:
1. Does the bug appear as soon as you start the application and select?
2. Does it appear when you have only one open document?
3. Do you have open a dialogue before?

The message  WIN_TtaSetToggleMenu(1) is displayed when Amaya tries to
change the status of a toggle entry in a menu and it receives a bad menu reference.
It could concern either XHTML->Information type or XML->Charater element menus.