Re: amaya 7.1 NT no launch

From: Irene Vatton <irene.vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:21:48 +0100
To: JHL_GmbH@t-online.de (Jochem Heicke)
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:25:16 -0500 (EST)
JHL_GmbH@t-online.de (Jochem Heicke) wrote:

> Sorry for trying to run AMAYA on a non WIN98 system :-)
>
> The 7.1 ftp distribution does not start either.
>
> file details tell
> amaya.exe Version 7.0.0.0 french
>
> My windows 2000 is german and differentiates between upper and lowercase
> filenames.
>
> The installer displays the names in lowercase.
>
> Any idea?

It seems that on some Windows platforms people have to uninstall previous
Amaya versions. After that clean up, the new version works fine.

> Is there an archive so I can downlaod 5.3 which worked?

http://www.w3.org/AmayaDistribution/ still includes old Amaya versions, but
I encourage you to use the 7.1.
Don't forget to download the extra file amayadoc if you use the German dialogue.