Re: amaya Mac installation error

gt;

Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:57:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: <carcone@w3.org>, Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>, Amaya List
<www-amaya@w3.org>
From: Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com>
Subject: Re: amaya Mac installation error

Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org> writes:

>  So this is an error in the dependencies declared in the fink package I guess.
>  If someone with a mac has a loko at
>  /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/finkinfo/web/amaya-7.1-3.info
>
>  (I think that's the right directory path...) you can see what the
>  dependencies are. Maybe Damian already had imlibs so forgot it was required.
>  Also there is an unstable package for 7.2 that should be checked...
>
>  Cheers
>
>  Chaals

Quick follow up on this. The maintainer of the imlib package has fixed
the problem, and (I believe) it is in unstable now. We'll move it to
stable as soon as we've confirmed it's working ok.

Damian
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (Darwin)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.6 and Gnu Privacy Guard
<http://www.gnupg.org/>

have tried to install Amaya on Mac OS 10.2.5 just today (May 24,
2003) and there is still a problem with gdk_imlib:

[macaudy:/sw/bin] mcaudy# amaya
GUI can't be initialized
gdk_imlib ERROR: gdk has not connected to the display
*** Amaya: Irrecoverable error ***

Is anyone else having (still) having this problem, or is this a new
or different problem with gdk_imlib?

	Thanks

	Michael Caudy