Re: Is it possible to use one SVG to contain other SVGs, in a way that also enables the user to copy the contained SVGs and paste them into another document, for instance into ms Word?

Paul,

I really appreciate your efforts to understand this issue, as you'll
realise I am still confused, it would be really helpful if you had a
link to a <use> example, I've put one that uses <image> here
http://www.peepo.com/svg/image.svg, it does not seem to display except
in amaya.....

Repurposing graphics is really essential to our work, teachers need to
be able to copy images from part of a single svg to the clipboard, as
in to drag one egg out of a box of them, and paste them in a different
document.

there are at least 2 issues:

1	 does SVG prevent this, assuming not, does any implementation such as
amaya allow this?
2	is there another application/word processor that lets one paste them.
Jim Ley believes this is possible with word*

If you visit peepo.com. you'll immediately see we use lots of SVG
created images as links, unfortunately they are currently saved as gifs
or jpgs. Teaching staff need to be able to easily copy these and paste
them in another document. I  want to make sure that if the Amaya people
can get their part in place, they are at least aware of the need.
Naturally this could take months or years to achieve, if it isn't
possible already.

thanks

jonathan

*Word would be able to embed SVG document into it as a COM object as
PPT or otherwise if ASV is installed, I have no idea how it would print.
from the SVG-yahoo list