Version 8.0-GTK table bug

From: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:33:17 +1200
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Greetings,
     I have just downloaded the above version - tried it out with a page
which had an image followed by text on one row of a table centred with left
and right margins auto - only to discover that the two were superimposed on
one another.

     I extracted the following to make a minimal xhtml 1.1 validated
document -

  <tbody>
          <object title="right arrow"
                  data="uarrow.png" type="image/png"> Start of
          </object>
  </tbody>

As I look at the resulting document in Amaya I see half hidden above the
top of the display window and just 6mm away from the left edge - an up
arrow. About one millimetre below and 1mm to the right of THE LH EDGE OF
THAT arrow I see the second (text) cell. This isn't even pretending to be
in the middle of the document displayed.

     Sorry I can't test the OpenGL version as I don't have that installed.

     I think, therefore, that this is a bug - particularly since at the end
of a long document the same mark-up at least produces centring correctly -
even if the image/text overlap is wrong in both cases!

--
City Desk
Waikato University