Re: Clipboard with X/GTK

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:47:12 -0400 (EDT)
Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've never had much luck with Amaya's clipboard functionality under
> GNU/Linux, specifically copying between Amaya and other applications. I
> can copy between Mozilla, terminal windows etc, but not into, or from,
> Amaya.
>
> Occaisionally I can paste once using the middle button and that's it. I
> can't find any specific mention of this in the documentation or
> archives. Is there a definitive, working way of using the clipboard with
> Amaya under X?
>
> (I've tried Debian 3 and RedHat 8, both using GNOME 2 if this matters).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leon...

How to copy from Amaya to the X-Window clickboard, then into an xterm?
1- Select a string by drag, double-click, or with shift+arrows in an Amaya window.
2- Click on the top of the Xterm window to raise it and paste the string.

How to paste into Amaya from the X-Window clickboard?
1- Select with the left mouse button, without drag, double-click, or shift+arrows
     to have an insert point and change the X-Window application focus.
2- Then click the middle mouse button to paste the X-Window clickboard.